* Cleanup methods or techniques 302-2BE
@ 2009-09-19  3:55 Felix
From: Felix @ 2009-09-19  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: runit

Hi all,

I am successfully using runit for a number of servers but have two
questions:

1. Is there an easy way to clean up the 'supervise' directory of lock
files etc for a service that is difficult? I occasionally have a service
that needs to be killed (using kill) and it leaves lock files. Is there
a command that cleans up a service directory for a fresh start?

2. In my process list I often read '/main permission denied' in the
runsvdir process line. I know what the problem is but I would like to
identify which service it is that has the problem as the log entry does
not mention it. Is there a way to identify log entries to services?

Thanks for any suggestions (or pointers to existing documentation which
I have obviously missed).

-felix

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-19  3:55 UTC | newest]