* Web interface for runit
@ 2011-02-15 20:52 Philip Tait
From: Philip Tait @ 2011-02-15 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

My "customer" wants to be able to view status and start-stop processes
that are managed by runit across several computers. Seems like this
can be accomplished with a simple form and CGI script, but I thought I
would check first to make sure I'm not re-inventing a wheel.

Thanks for any advice, comments or suggestions.

--
Philip J. Tait, Software Engineer (FMOS,HSC)
http://subarutelescope.org

* Re: Web interface for runit
@ 2011-02-16  0:41 ` Robin Bowes
From: Robin Bowes @ 2011-02-16  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

On 15/02/11 20:52, Philip Tait wrote:
> My "customer" wants to be able to view status and start-stop processes
> that are managed by runit across several computers. Seems like this
> can be accomplished with a simple form and CGI script, but I thought I
> would check first to make sure I'm not re-inventing a wheel.

Look into using something like mcollective [1] with a simple service
agent on each node. You can then trigger that from a web form uing the API.

R.

[1] http://www.puppetlabs.com/mcollective/introduction/
--
"Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
http://www.theshackshakers.com/