* Re: check script - bad file descriptor?
       [not found] <AANLkTin91G9aMcV3Xg0UFNr+g5AUxX8ow+dKYF1oiUFN@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-11-07 21:33 ` Ryan Oertel
From: Ryan Oertel @ 2010-11-07 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

I'm trying to write a check script for a service I've got installed.  The
Check script, when run by root returns an exit code of 0 on success and 1 on
failure and does not output anything.  When running "sv check mythbackend",
it give me some errors, even though successful:
/bin/grep: write error: Bad file descriptor
ok: run: mythbackend: (pid 19728) 2287s
When there is a problem, it will print the bad file descriptor error a few
times per second for 7 seconds.  The script is below.  It seems that the
check script is run in a more restrictive environment, but I can't find any
documentation about this.  Can anybody tell me why it works as root, but not
when called through sv?

check script (-rwx------ 1 root root 82 2010-11-07 14:34 check)
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/curl -s http://localhost:6544 | /bin/grep -q "MythTV Status"

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-11-07 21:33 UTC | newest]