* s6-rc: dependencies across scandirs
@ 2024-01-02 15:34 Sertonix
From: Sertonix @ 2024-01-02 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi, I would like to have some kind of dependency handling across
multiple scandirs.

For example an instanced service that starts and waits for a dependency
before the first instace has been started.

I think s6-svc -WU -u could do that to some extend. There would be
problems though if the dependency is forced down.

A more complicated variation I would like to have is a user service
depending on a system service (and starting it!). For example a user
service for sway depends on the system service for seatd.

I think this would't work with s6-svc at all. This could probably be
done with some ipc client/server similar to s6-sudo.

Is there any simple and safe way to do something like this?