* s6-man-pages updated to 2.10.0.0
@ 2021-01-22  5:44 Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2021-01-22  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi all,

i've now updated the s6-man-pages repo to reflect s6 2.10.0.0:

https://github.com/flexibeast/s6-man-pages/releases/tag/v2.10.0.0.1

The final ".1" in the version indicates the first release for s6
2.10.0.0; it will be incremented when fixing any errors in the
port.

Please do let me know of any semantic discrepancies between the
HTML original and the port! (i use the phrase "semantic
discrepancies" as there are numerous structural and stylistic
changes to match mdoc(7) conventions.) Opening an issue in the
repo is preferred, but you can instead send me an email if that
works better for you. :-)

Alexis.

* Re: s6-man-pages updated to 2.10.0.0
@ 2021-01-22 16:32 ` Colin Booth
From: Colin Booth @ 2021-01-22 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 04:44:33PM +1100, Alexis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i've now updated the s6-man-pages repo to reflect s6 2.10.0.0:
>
> https://github.com/flexibeast/s6-man-pages/releases/tag/v2.10.0.0.1
>
> The final ".1" in the version indicates the first release for s6 2.10.0.0;
> it will be incremented when fixing any errors in the port.
>
> Please do let me know of any semantic discrepancies between the HTML
> original and the port! (i use the phrase "semantic discrepancies" as there
> are numerous structural and stylistic changes to match mdoc(7) conventions.)
> Opening an issue in the repo is preferred, but you can instead send me an
> email if that works better for you. :-)

Very nice. Not to nitpick though, the standard way of handling
out-of-version versioning is with an underscore, not an additional dot.
So your releases would be v2.10.0.0_1 (and so on).

Cheers!

--
Colin Booth

* Re: s6-man-pages updated to 2.10.0.0
@ 2021-01-22 19:26   ` Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2021-01-22 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Booth, supervision

>Very nice. Not to nitpick though, the standard way of handling
>out-of-version versioning is with an underscore, not an additional dot.
>So your releases would be v2.10.0.0_1 (and so on).

  The additional dot was on my suggestion, to avoid conflicting with
distros wanting to package s6-man-pages. Distros often use underscores
in their package naming schemes, and distro-version isn't always the
exact same as upstream-version.

--
  Laurent