The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] DEC Wars
@ 2017-03-23  1:26 Ron Natalie
From: Ron Natalie @ 2017-03-23  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was thinking about Star Wars this morning and various parodies of it (like
Ernie Foss's Hardware Wars) and I rememberd the old DEC WARS.   Alas when I
tried to post it, it was too big for the listserv.   So here's a link for
your nostalgic purposes.   I had to find one that was still in its
fixed-pitch glory complete with the ASCII-art title.

http://www.inwap.com/pdp10/decwars.txt

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] DEC Wars
@ 2017-03-23 21:38 ` Paul Winalski
From: Paul Winalski @ 2017-03-23 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/23/17, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

>     > I rememberd the old DEC WARS.
>
> I seem to vaguely recall a multi-page samizdat comic book of this name? Or
> am
> I mis-remembering its name? Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Is that the one that involved an invasion of DEC's Maynard Mill
headquarters by IBM marketing commandos?  It featured a super-smart
canine named Digital Dog.  It was written and drawn by one of DEC's
tech writers, if I recall correctly.

-Paul W.

* [TUHS] DEC Wars
@ 2017-03-23 17:53 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2017-03-23 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > From: "Ron Natalie"

    > I was thinking about Star Wars this morning and various parodies of it
    > (like Ernie Foss's Hardware Wars)

The best one ever, I thought, was Mark Crispin's "Software Wars". (I have an
actual original HAKMEM!)

    > I rememberd the old DEC WARS.

I seem to vaguely recall a multi-page samizdat comic book of this name? Or am
I mis-remembering its name? Does this ring any bells for anyone?

	Noel

* [TUHS] DEC Wars
       [not found] <mailman.1.1490234401.15832.tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
@ 2017-03-23 12:42 ` David