The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Porting UNIX from a DEC PDP-11 family member to a DG (Data General) Eclipse family member
@ 2006-08-09 14:50 Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2006-08-09 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!
I have here a Doctor Who book which takes place during the early part of the
computer revolution, about the time the whole of what's discussed here
happened. The people concerned in the book have machines running UNIX. Some
of these are indeed PDP-11s and there are also a few DG Eclipses.

Now the question: How difficult would it to port UNIX V7 from the usual
machine, probably a PDP-11/43 (But I might be wrong about the model!) to a
DG Eclipse? Naturally since I don't have physical hardware here, the
intended target would be a SIMH DG virtual Eclipse (Or even a Nova 4) and
the one doing all the work would be a SIMH PDP-11.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-08-09 14:50 UTC | newest]