The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] (no subject)
@ 2003-02-19 12:18 Christos Papachristou
From: Christos Papachristou @ 2003-02-19 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to do a bad sector scan on a RD52 connected to a RQDX1 (The machine is a pdp11/73 without OS) prior to installing BSD2.11.Is there a standalone program like zrqch0(only for RQDX3) that can be downloaded directly to the pdp via vtserver and recognizes the RQDX1 , i.e. a version of zrqb or something similar?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [pups] (no subject)
@ 2003-02-26 16:57   ` Christos Papachristou
From: Christos Papachristou @ 2003-02-26 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: David Evans @ 2003-02-26 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:25:38PM +0200, Christos Papachristou wrote:
> I have not yet compiled in the 8 port multiplexer
> (DHV11-A), so only the console is functional and thus no gettys are
> loaded.

  Are you *sure* that there are no gettys?  The default install might fire
them up anyway, and they will repeatedly die and be restarted.  It's been over
ten years since I looked at a 2.9BSD system, and that was on a Pro350, so I
can't really help much more than that.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual

* [pups] (no subject)
@ 2003-02-26 13:04 ` Johnny Billquist
From: Johnny Billquist @ 2003-02-26 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-02-26 12:25 Christos Papachristou
From: Christos Papachristou @ 2003-02-26 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

system? . Moreover the MSCP controller (M8639 YP i.e. RQDX1)
the serial port multiplexer(M3104 i.e. DHV11-A) and the memory are Qbus while
the cpu board is indicated as Unibus in the field guide. Can these two bus type
s be mixed? (If yes , i would be tempted to abuse the dead VAX11/780 in the
basement. Can this be done?). Anyway, I thought that the best choice of