The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Waking the List Up
@ 2003-02-18  0:52 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2003-02-18  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I guess it's time to wake the list up.

So far the Unix Archive has done well at collecting mostly PDP-11 stuff,
but now that were in the next century, we should start working on the
1980s and 1990s.

I'd like to call for volunteer curators. Each would look after a subset
of the Unix Archive: add files, write README.TXT, rearrange things to
be more useful.

The Archive has been pretty static for quite some time now, and there are
a list of things TODO, and I know some of you have things waiting which I
haven't done yet. So perhaps some new blood, will kick things along.

Any volunteers?

* [TUHS] Waking the List Up
@ 2003-02-18  3:42 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2003-02-18  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article by Warren Toomey:
> I'd like to call for volunteer curators. Each would look after a subset
> of the Unix Archive: add files, write README.TXT, rearrange things to
> be more useful.

So far two respondents. I should be a little bit more explicit. I'm
after volunteers who will act as points of contact, so that other people
can submit new stuff to the archive. The volunteers could also
re-organise their subsection, and write some glue documentation so that
someone browsing the archive can make sense of it all.

So, if you have low bandwidth and/or no new files to contribute, that's
fine! Just a desire to help tidy up the existing archive and help integrate
any new material.

	Warren