The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] Restoring volumes
@ 2003-05-01  3:35 Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2003-05-01  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again from Gregg C Levine
Just for the sake of an argument, has anyone actually managed to
restore a volume from the collection on the ftp server, back to an
originally sized disk pack? Or for that matter restored a system so
that it behaves as advertised under E-11?

No, folks that machine I "have on order", has not arrived. Once again
I am searching for information for a future project. One that might be
happening sometime this week, or even later this month.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sign on the side of a transport belonging to the Rebel Alliance,
"Force happens".

* [pups] Restoring volumes
@ 2003-05-01 12:54 ` David Evans
From: David Evans @ 2003-05-01 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:35:03PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Just for the sake of an argument, has anyone actually managed to
> restore a volume from the collection on the ftp server, back to an
> originally sized disk pack? Or for that matter restored a system so
> that it behaves as advertised under E-11?

  I did it on SIMH--I extracted the 2.11BSD system that had precompiled
networking in it...don't recall who made it.  I don't know whether this
overlaps sufficiently with what you want to do for me to be useful.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual

* [pups] Restoring volumes
@ 2003-05-01 23:08   ` David Evans
From: David Evans @ 2003-05-01 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 06:31:47PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> And your response was the simpler form, which is what I wanted.
> David's comment was a bit obtuse, but I got it.

  It was obtuse mostly because I couldn't remember exactly what I did nor was
I really sure what you wanted to do.  That's a dangerous combination!

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca

       [not found] <000401c30fa3$40e59720$f10010ac@dawabbit>
@ 2003-05-01 22:31 ` Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2003-05-01 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again from Gregg C Levine
Yes, Ian. That's exactly what I mean. Of course I was thinking of RL02
images, rather then a RK05 image. Which one did you choose? And can
you post something explaining the steps?
And your response was the simpler form, which is what I wanted.
David's comment was a bit obtuse, but I got it. By the way? Are you a
WB fan? As in Warner Bros. Animation. I'm partial to the wisdom of B.
Bunny.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net