The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] DEC V7M-11 manuals
@ 2005-06-21 21:46 Carl Lowenstein
From: Carl Lowenstein @ 2005-06-21 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:11:43 +1000
> From: Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org>
> To: Carl Lowenstein <cdl at mpl.ucsd.edu>
> Subject: Re: [TUHS] DEC V7M-11 manuals
>
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:32:20AM -0700, Carl Lowenstein wrote:
> > While preparing to move out of the office that I have occupied for the
> > past couple of decades, I came across an unused set of V7M-11 manuals.
> > Three large binders, DEC Orange (Chinese Red?).  Is this something that
> > should be archived somewhere?  Scanned and put on line?  I don't have
> > the resources to do that, but could ship them somewhere.
> >
> > Labels on the binders are:
> > V7M-11	Volume 1	Programmer's Manual
> > V7M-11	Volume 2A and 2B	Programmer's Manual
> > V7M-11	System Management and Operation Manuals
>
> Carl, we have v7m source + binaries in the Unix Archive, but I'm not sure
> if this also includes the documentation that you have unearthed. I will
> go through what's in the archive here and see if it corresponds with what
> you have, and get back to you.
>
> 	Warren

Fine.  I didn't mention that I also came across a V7M-11 distribution
tape, because I was pretty sure you already had that.

I will be away for about three weeks starting Monday 27 June, so we might
not connect until I get back.  On the other hand, these books have been
sitting around for a few years, another month won't hurt them.

    carl

* [TUHS] DEC V7M-11 manuals
@ 2005-06-21 22:23 ` Wilko Bulte
From: Wilko Bulte @ 2005-06-21 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:46:43PM -0700, Carl Lowenstein wrote..
> > Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:11:43 +1000
> > From: Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org>
> > To: Carl Lowenstein <cdl at mpl.ucsd.edu>
> > Subject: Re: [TUHS] DEC V7M-11 manuals
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:32:20AM -0700, Carl Lowenstein wrote:
> > > While preparing to move out of the office that I have occupied for the
> > > past couple of decades, I came across an unused set of V7M-11 manuals.
> > > Three large binders, DEC Orange (Chinese Red?).  Is this something that
> > > should be archived somewhere?  Scanned and put on line?  I don't have
> > > the resources to do that, but could ship them somewhere.
> > >
> > > Labels on the binders are:
> > > V7M-11	Volume 1	Programmer's Manual
> > > V7M-11	Volume 2A and 2B	Programmer's Manual
> > > V7M-11	System Management and Operation Manuals
> >
> > Carl, we have v7m source + binaries in the Unix Archive, but I'm not sure
> > if this also includes the documentation that you have unearthed. I will
> > go through what's in the archive here and see if it corresponds with what
> > you have, and get back to you.
> >
> > 	Warren
>
> Fine.  I didn't mention that I also came across a V7M-11 distribution
> tape, because I was pretty sure you already had that.

Oh... a real one.. Don't throw that one away right? ;-)

--
Wilko		wilko at FreeBSD.org

* [TUHS] DEC V7M-11 manuals
@ 2005-06-21 21:11 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2005-06-21 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-06-21 16:32 Carl Lowenstein
From: Carl Lowenstein @ 2005-06-21 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

While preparing to move out of the office that I have occupied for the
past couple of decades, I came across an unused set of V7M-11 manuals.
Three large binders, DEC Orange (Chinese Red?).  Is this something that
should be archived somewhere?  Scanned and put on line?  I don't have
the resources to do that, but could ship them somewhere.

Labels on the binders are:
V7M-11	Volume 1	Programmer's Manual
V7M-11	Volume 2A and 2B	Programmer's Manual
V7M-11	System Management and Operation Manuals

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenst at ucsd.edu