The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] the pdp11/34 BOOTED!!! :)))
@ 2005-08-30 21:49 chronaut
From: chronaut @ 2005-08-30 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Name: not available

* [TUHS] the pdp11/34 BOOTED!!! :)))
@ 2005-08-30 18:57 asbesto
From: asbesto @ 2005-08-30 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

it's incredible,

after 3 years, it BOOTED !!!

the images, taken some minutes ago, are here:

http://zaverio.net/pdp11

it's INCREDIBLE

we removed the cpu boards, we looked all the chips in it ...
eating pizza and sicilian food (you can see it in the photos),
and we re-inserted them ...

and, just for a desperate test, we tried CTRL-BOOT ...

and, THE CPU was RUNNING! so we tested all the console
cables ... that seem not working ... we found another
cable, with a null-modem converter, so we connected an old
IBM terminal ...

and, it was incredible, we had the CONSOLE CURSOR!!! :)))

NOW,
the next step is to FIND what was faulty ... a false contact in the
board connectors ???

any other hint? :)

p.s. tonight we want to install UNIX. :D

--
[ asbesto : IW9HGS : freaknet medialab : radiocybernet : poetry ]
[ http://freaknet.org/asbesto http://papuasia.org/radiocybernet ]