The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] A tool to compare code trees, plus a favour
@ 2007-06-04  1:57 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2007-06-04  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all, back in 2004 I wrote a tool to compare sets of C code trees,
as a response to the SCO vs. IBM lawsuit. I've revisited and improved
the performance of the tool, and I have released a new version at
http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Ctcompare/

The tool produces a tokenised representation of each source tree in
a format called CTF. The CTF representation of a proprietary source
tree can be exported without revealing too much of the source code.
See http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Ctcompare/README.txt for the
full details.

I would dearly love to get hold of some CTF files of more recent
UNIX source trees, i.e. from SysVR4 onwards, and especially the
Unixware source trees which relate the the SCO vs. IBM lawsuit.
If you can make them available to me, I would appreciate it. I
understand that you might wish to donate these anonymously, so
soon I will write a web script to allow you to upload a CTF file
to my server "minnie" anonymously.

Many thanks in advance!
	Warren

* [TUHS] A tool to compare code trees, plus a favour
@ 2007-06-04  3:40 ` John Cowan
From: John Cowan @ 2007-06-04  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Warren Toomey scripsit:

> If you can make them available to me, I would appreciate it. I
> understand that you might wish to donate these anonymously, so
> soon I will write a web script to allow you to upload a CTF file
> to my server "minnie" anonymously.

Be careful to make sure that what is uploaded anonymously cannot be
downloaded anonymously, or minnie will become infested with warez d00ds.

--
I suggest you call for help,                    John Cowan
or learn the difficult art of mud-breathing.    cowan at ccil.org
        --Great-Souled Sam                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan

* [TUHS] A tool to compare code trees, plus a favour
@ 2007-06-05  8:47 ` Jose R. Valverde
From: Jose R. Valverde @ 2007-06-05  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Warren,

	what version of BerkeleyDB are you using? I downloaded ctcompare
and it gave me a bunch of errors on compilation regarding database structures
and methods.

	Thanks

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:57:39 +1000
Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
> Hi all, back in 2004 I wrote a tool to compare sets of C code trees,
> as a response to the SCO vs. IBM lawsuit. I've revisited and improved
> the performance of the tool, and I have released a new version at
> http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Ctcompare/
>
> The tool produces a tokenised representation of each source tree in
> a format called CTF. The CTF representation of a proprietary source
> tree can be exported without revealing too much of the source code.
> See http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Ctcompare/README.txt for the
> full details.
>
> I would dearly love to get hold of some CTF files of more recent
> UNIX source trees, i.e. from SysVR4 onwards, and especially the
> Unixware source trees which relate the the SCO vs. IBM lawsuit.
> If you can make them available to me, I would appreciate it. I
> understand that you might wish to donate these anonymously, so
> soon I will write a web script to allow you to upload a CTF file
> to my server "minnie" anonymously.
>
> Many thanks in advance!
> 	Warren

	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural
From: Warren Toomey @ 2007-06-05  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 10:47:47AM +0200, Jose R. Valverde wrote:
> 	what version of BerkeleyDB are you using? I downloaded ctcompare
> and it gave me a bunch of errors on compilation regarding database structures
> and methods.

I'm using what is built into FreeBSD 6.x. According to
/usr/src/lib/libc/db/README on this system:

		This is version 1.85 of the Berkeley DB code.

Cheers,
	Warren