The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] X Windows System X<11
@ 2007-10-13 10:34 Wesley Parish
From: Wesley Parish @ 2007-10-13 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is any such creature available?  X11 is >10 years old; apparently the last X10
release was in 1986.

Does that source code exist anywhere now?  Or has it vanished into the Great
Bit-Bucket in the Sky?

Thansk

Wesley Parish
-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?

* [TUHS] X Windows System X<11
@ 2007-10-14 13:30 ` Andrzej Popielewicz
From: Andrzej Popielewicz @ 2007-10-14 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

* [TUHS] X Windows System X<11
@ 2007-10-15  8:53   ` Wesley Parish
From: Wesley Parish @ 2007-10-15  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 15 October 2007 02:30, Andrzej Popielewicz wrote:
> Wesley Parish pisze:
> > Is any such creature available?  X11 is >10 years old; apparently the
>
> last X10
>
> > release was in 1986.
> >
> > Does that source code exist anywhere now?  Or has it vanished into the
>
> Great
>
> > Bit-Bucket in the Sky?
> >
> > Thansk
> >
> > Wesley Parish
>
> I have X10R3 and X10R4 archives.
> I have found it somewhere in google some years ago, I do not remember
> now where, probably MIT or so. If it is allowed to upload it I can
> upload it to TUHS.
> But perhaps they are still available .

I've just run through a quite search of X[1 10]R[1 3] and X10R[3 4] seems to
be the only members of that vintage.  One fragment on google said that that
was because it was the first example of the code to be released outside of
MIT.

FWIW

Thanks

Wesley Parish

-----

@ 2007-10-16  7:52 ` Duncan Anderson
From: Duncan Anderson @ 2007-10-16  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday 13 October 2007 12:34:33 Wesley Parish wrote:
> Is any such creature available?  X11 is >10 years old; apparently the last
> X10 release was in 1986.
>
> Does that source code exist anywhere now?  Or has it vanished into the
> Great Bit-Bucket in the Sky?
>
> Thansk
>
> Wesley Parish

If you look at http://ftp.x.org/pub/ you will find X10R3 and X10R4 sources. I
don't know whether earlier versions are available.

cheers
Duncan

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

* [TUHS] X Windows System X<11
@ 2007-10-16  3:11   ` Wesley Parish
From: Wesley Parish @ 2007-10-16  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quoting Paul McJones <paul at mcjones.org>:

> >> I have X10R3 and X10R4 archives.
> >> I have found it somewhere in google some years ago, I do not
> remember
> >> now where, probably MIT or so. If it is allowed to upload it I can
> >> upload it to TUHS.
> >> But perhaps they are still available .
> >>

> > I've just run through a quite search of X[1 10]R[1 3] and X10R[3 4]
> seems to
> > be the only members of that vintage. One fragment on google said that
> that
> > was because it was the first example of the code to be released
> outside of
> > MIT.
> >

> Have you tried contacting Jim Gettys? His home page
> (http://www.handhelds.org/People/jg.html) says: "jg" can be sent mail at
>
> freedesktop dot org.

thanks

I'll get in touch with him.

wesley Parish

> Paul

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press

* [TUHS] X Windows System X<11
       [not found] <mailman.3.1192500000.82175.tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
@ 2007-10-16  2:07 ` Paul McJones
From: Paul McJones @ 2007-10-16  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)