The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Old paper copies of v2 - v5?
@ 2009-05-19 18:51 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2009-05-19 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a question about something in this link:

	http://minnie.tuhs.org/Seminars/Saving_Unix/

Where it says:

	Two other PUPS members, Norman Wilson and Robert D. Keys, have
	been OCR'ing the manuals from 1st Edition up to 5th Edition,
	so that they can be given to Dennis and added to the PUPS Archive.

That was back in 1999.  Did this ever happen?  If not, any chance of
getting it to happen?

Thanks!

Arnold

* [TUHS] Old paper copies of v2 - v5?
@ 2009-05-19 21:27 ` Warren Toomey
       [not found]   ` <20090520005102.23A9040E8@lod.com>
From: Warren Toomey @ 2009-05-19 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:51:52PM +0300, Aharon Robbins wrote:
> I have a question about something in this link:
>
> 	http://minnie.tuhs.org/Seminars/Saving_Unix/
>
> Where it says:
>
> 	Two other PUPS members, Norman Wilson and Robert D. Keys, have
> 	been OCR'ing the manuals from 1st Edition up to 5th Edition,
> 	so that they can be given to Dennis and added to the PUPS Archive.
>
> That was back in 1999.  Did this ever happen?  If not, any chance of
> getting it to happen?

Here's what we have:

1st Ed: http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Dennis_v1/1stEdman.html
2nd Ed: http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Dennis_v2/unix_2nd_edition_manual.pdf
3rd Ed: http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Dennis_v3/v3man.tar.gz
4th Ed: http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Dennis_v4/v4man.tar.gz

but I haven't scanned in the 5th Ed manuals yet :-(

Cheers,
	Warren

@ 2009-05-20  2:26     ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2009-05-20  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 05:51:01PM -0700, Corey Lindsly wrote:

> Greetings.
> I am getting some broken links on the 1st Ed page.
>
> http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Dennis_v1/1stEdman.html

Oops. Looks like Dennis' site has changed and my copy of his HTML document is
now outdated. Simply go to: http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/PDP-11/Distributions/research/Dennis_v1/

and browse the PDF files from there.

Cheers,
	Warren