The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] the wollongong editor
@ 2011-01-21 22:44 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2011-01-21 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

My interest is tweeked, do you still have the source
for the paper on your editor and perhaps the plan9 source?

I never moved across to acme, I am still a sam addict, but
I am always interested in new ideas.

The Only editors I ever used on Edition-VII where vi and le,
and le I only brushed up against.

-Steve

* [TUHS] the wollongong editor
@ 2011-01-22 18:41 ` Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2011-01-22 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The Only editors I ever used on Edition-VII where vi and le,
> and le I only brushed up against.

What was Edition VII? Some vendor's version of V7?  Real V7 didn't have
vi, as that came from UCB.

What was 'le'?  Never heard of it....

Thanks,

Arnold

* [TUHS] the wollongong editor
@ 2011-01-22 19:08   ` John Cowan
From: John Cowan @ 2011-01-22 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aharon Robbins scripsit:

> What was Edition VII? Some vendor's version of V7?  Real V7 didn't have
> vi, as that came from UCB.

Yes, specifically the Perkin-Elmer version, a port of V7 (with additions)
to the Interdata and P/E machines.

> What was 'le'?  Never heard of it....

Unfortunately there is a more recent editor called "le", so it's difficult
to find out.

--
And it was said that ever after, if any                 John Cowan
man looked in that Stone, unless he had a               cowan at ccil.org
great strength of will to turn it to other              http://ccil.org/~cowan
purpose, he saw only two aged hands withering
in flame.   --"The Pyre of Denethor"

* [TUHS] Fwd:  the wollongong editor
@ 2011-01-23  0:52     ` Bill Pechter
From: Bill Pechter @ 2011-01-23  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

man looked in that Stone, unless he had a               cowan at ccil.org
great strength of will to turn it to other
http://ccil.org/~cowan <http://ccil.org/%7Ecowan>
purpose, he saw only two aged hands withering
in flame.   --"The Pyre of Denethor"

I spent a bit of time at Concurrent and I thought their le editor on their
68k desktop UniPlus/MicroXelos boxes was the Rand Editor.

Bill