The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] References for Unix Papers/Publications?
@ 2015-12-30  9:27 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2015-12-30  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Someone off-list today asked about an annotated list of Unix papers which
might be good to add to the new wiki.

I've just uploaded my own short list of Unix papers, in BibTeX format, on
the wiki at:
http://wiki.tuhs.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=publications:wkt_reflist.bib

If you have your own list of references in whatever format, could you
upload them into the wiki also?

Once you have registered and have write permissions, go to:
Media manager -> publications -> Upload. Select your file and upload.

The dokuwiki can deal with references in BibTeX format, I just don't know how
to do it yet. Once I do, I'll decorate links to papers with a reference.

Cheers & thanks, Warren

P.S I just uploaded some of the BSTJ papers into
http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/Papers/BSTJ/

* [TUHS] References for Unix Papers/Publications?
@ 2015-12-30 13:28 ` Will Senn
From: Will Senn @ 2015-12-30 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/30/15 3:27 AM, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Someone off-list today asked about an annotated list of Unix papers which
> might be good to add to the new wiki.
>
> I've just uploaded my own short list of Unix papers, in BibTeX format, on
> the wiki at:
> http://wiki.tuhs.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=publications:wkt_reflist.bib
>
> If you have your own list of references in whatever format, could you
> upload them into the wiki also?
>
> Once you have registered and have write permissions, go to:
> Media manager -> publications -> Upload. Select your file and upload.
>
> The dokuwiki can deal with references in BibTeX format, I just don't know how
> to do it yet. Once I do, I'll decorate links to papers with a reference.
>
> Cheers & thanks, Warren
>
> P.S I just uploaded some of the BSTJ papers into
> http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/Papers/BSTJ/
Warren,

Nelson Beebe's massive UNIX bibliography is exhaustive. Perhaps linking
to it would help folks looking for a definitive list:

http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/unix.bib

The site also has practically every UNIX related Journal's up to date
BIBTEX entries.

That said, it's not where one would look for a selection of titles with
annotations and I don't know if it's accessible by author, though I
expect it probably is.

You probably can't imagine the hours that I spent hunting down the BSTJ
papers in pdf form, thanks for adding them into the site!

Will

* [TUHS] References for Unix Papers/Publications?
@ 2015-12-30 13:40 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2015-12-30 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 07:27:30PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Someone off-list today asked about an annotated list of Unix papers which
> might be good to add to the new wiki.

There is a good selection of unix papers available at
http://doc.cat-v.org/unix/ as well.

khm