The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Usenet source archives
@ 2016-02-01 12:18 arnold
From: arnold @ 2016-02-01 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

At www.skeeve.com/Usenet.tar.bz2 is a copy of UUNET's archives of the
various USENET source newsgroups. I created this file on September 2 2004.
I made it for myself, since it was clear that uu.net would disappear
sometime soon...

It's 139 Meg - Warren maybe you can put it into the archives and everyone
else can get it from there?  I think the person who hosts www.skeeve.com
has some monthly limits on data transfer and I don't want him blown
out of the water.

Thanks,

Arnold

* [TUHS] Usenet source archives
@ 2016-02-01 12:26 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2016-02-01 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shall do, in the morning!
Cheers, Warren

On 1 February 2016 10:18:48 pm AEST, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:
>At www.skeeve.com/Usenet.tar.bz2 is a copy of UUNET's archives of the
>various USENET source newsgroups. I created this file on September 2
>2004.
>I made it for myself, since it was clear that uu.net would disappear
>sometime soon...
>
>It's 139 Meg - Warren maybe you can put it into the archives and
>everyone
>else can get it from there?  I think the person who hosts
>www.skeeve.com
>has some monthly limits on data transfer and I don't want him blown
>out of the water.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Arnold

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] Usenet source archives
@ 2016-02-01 20:12 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2016-02-01 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 05:18:48AM -0700, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:
> At www.skeeve.com/Usenet.tar.bz2 is a copy of UUNET's archives of the
> various USENET source newsgroups. I created this file on September 2 2004.
This is temporarily at http://www.tuhs.org/Usenet/Usenet.tar.bz2
if anybody else would like to grab it.

Cheers, Warren

* [TUHS] Usenet source archives
@ 2016-03-05  2:23   ` Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2016-03-05  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Warren Toomey wrote:

> This is temporarily at http://www.tuhs.org/Usenet/Usenet.tar.bz2 if
> anybody else would like to grab it.

Suitably grabbed :-)  I know, I must finish my mirror some day (got a few
health issues right now)...