The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Other people I'd like to see on this list
@ 2016-12-29 19:09 Arnold Robbins
From: Arnold Robbins @ 2016-12-29 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since Larry started the wish-listing of people we'd like to see on the
list, I'll add mine:

* Doug Gwynn
* Chris Torek
* Guy Harris

Anyone know how to track down any of these folks?

My two cents. :-)

Happy New Year everyone,

Arnold

* [TUHS] Also, what missing stuff do we still need to search for?
@ 2016-12-30  0:24 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2016-12-30  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 09:09:57PM +0200, Arnold Robbins wrote:
> Since Larry started the wish-listing of people we'd like to see on the list.

Also, it's time to ask for any outstanding software, documentation, anecdotes,
information that we still have not yet collected. Anybody with tapes in a
cupboard/under the bed? Anybody with paper documents that have not yet been
scanned in?

Cheers all & Happy New Year,
	Warren

* [TUHS] Also, what missing stuff do we still need to search for?
@ 2016-12-30  0:28   ` Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2016-12-30  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 10:24:21AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 09:09:57PM +0200, Arnold Robbins wrote:
> > Since Larry started the wish-listing of people we'd like to see on the list.
>
> Also, it's time to ask for any outstanding software, documentation, anecdotes,
> information that we still have not yet collected. Anybody with tapes in a
> cupboard/under the bed? Anybody with paper documents that have not yet been
> scanned in?

I've already asked Clem but I'd love the troff source the network programming
overview (or programmer's guide, whatever it was called it was the intro to
programming with sockets).  The one that Masscomp did.  It was by far the
best version of that stuff I've ever seen.  Be fun to update that or just
post it.

Sun's intro manuals were pretty good.

There isn't any legal way to get the SunOS 4.1.3 source, is there?  Last
4.x release I worked on I believe.

--lm

* [TUHS] Other people I'd like to see on this list
@ 2016-12-30  5:40 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2016-12-30  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 09:09:57PM +0200, Arnold Robbins wrote:
> Since Larry started the wish-listing of people we'd like to see on the
> list, I'll add mine:
> * Doug Gwynn
> * Chris Torek
> * Guy Harris

Arnold helped me track a couple of these down, and I've sent off e-mails
to them and a few others. One has joined up, I won't say who, but "1969"
and "?" should be clues.

@ 2016-12-30 11:02   ` Ron Natalie
From: Ron Natalie @ 2016-12-30 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Doug's not here?    I thought I mentioned it to him last year sometime.
He only has one "n" in his name, by the way.

@ 2016-12-30 11:42     ` arnold
From: arnold @ 2016-12-30 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ron Natalie" <ron at ronnatalie.com> wrote:

> Doug's not here?    I thought I mentioned it to him last year sometime.

I haven't seen anything from him in recent memory ...

> He only has one "n" in his name, by the way.

Sorry 'bout that. I couldn't remember for sure.

Arnold

* [TUHS] Other people I'd like to see on this list
@ 2016-12-30 11:49       ` Ron Natalie
From: Ron Natalie @ 2016-12-30 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've sent messages to both Doug Gwyn and Chris Torek inviting them to come
here.