The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Bell Labs 'se' screen editor?
@ 2017-11-16  9:58 arnold
From: arnold @ 2017-11-16  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All.

In 1983, while a grad student at Ga Tech, I did some contract programming
at Southern Bell.  The system was a PDP 11/70 running USG Unix 4.0 (yes,
it existed! That's another story.)

Beside ed, the system had a screen editor named 'se' (not related to the
Ga Tech 'se' screen editor).  It apparently was written within AT&T.
ISTR that it was written mainly for Vaxen but had been squeezed and made to
run on the PDP 11.

Did anyone else ever use this? Know anything about it?  I never saw it
or heard it about it again; it didn't ship with System V.

Thanks,

Arnold

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-11-16  9:58 UTC | newest]