The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] [TUHS} 2018: eighteen months of the Unix 50th anniversary
@ 2018-01-09 20:17 Doug McIlroy
From: Doug McIlroy @ 2018-01-09 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't think I'm violating anyone's confidentiality by revealing that
Marcus Weldon, current president of the Labs, at the suggestion of
Martin Carroll, expects the Labs to embark soon on plans to mark
the occasion. I, and no doubt Martin, will keep you posted. Meanwhile
I will be happy to forward pertinent suggestions.

Doug

* [TUHS] [TUHS} 2018: eighteen months of the Unix 50th anniversary
@ 2018-01-09 22:56 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2018-01-09 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think that would be wonderful.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Doug McIlroy <doug at cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

> > I will be happy to forward pertinent suggestions.
>
> Here's one. If Bell Labs holds some kind of symposium on
> the lines of the dmr memorial, how about a plenary
> session with TV participation from remote venues (think
> Berkeley/Silicon Valley and Wollongong/Sydney--a nine-hour
> span of time zones).
>
> Any thoughts about this or other possibilities?
>
> Doug

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] [TUHS} 2018: eighteen months of the Unix 50th anniversary
@ 2018-01-09 20:39 Doug McIlroy
From: Doug McIlroy @ 2018-01-09 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)