The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] PDP-7 Unix Paper
@ 2018-02-13 21:48 Warren Toomey
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Warren Toomey @ 2018-02-13 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, my journal paper on PDP-7 Unix has just been licensed under CC-BY-SA,
so here's a link to the PDF version:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/Y5/wkt_hapop_paper.pdf

Cheers, Warren

* [TUHS] PDP-7 Unix Paper
@ 2018-02-18 15:17 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2018-02-18 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Donald ODana:

  already 20 years ago I met a guy (masters degree, university) who never
  freed dynamically allocated memory. He told me he is 'instantiating
  a object', but had no idea what an heap is, and what dynamically
  allocated memory means.

====

This is the sort of programmer for whom garbage collection was named:
his programs are a collection of garbage.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON
(In 1127-snark mode this evening)