The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@sdaoden.eu>
To: Lars Brinkhoff <lars@nocrew.org>
Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] First ARPAnet transmission
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 22:10:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Lars Brinkhoff wrote in <7w7ei0gkap.fsf@junk.nocrew.org>:
 |Bakul Shah wrote:
 |> Dave Horsfall wrote:
 |>> Abolish DST, I say; it was introduced as a temporary measure during \
 |>> one of
 |>> the World Wars to increase production or something.
 |> Agree it should be abolished.
 |
 |Being done in EU.
 --End of <7w7ei0gkap.fsf@junk.nocrew.org>

Jaaa, but with alarming language, and i wonder how many of all
those who voted had simply been trapped by that.
I commented in the according field, that children should not go to
school in the dark, and that i have seen a real night sky only two
times in my life, because of the overexposure through human light
pollution, and the rest i have forgotten.

But whatever, it does not matter of course.  For one i hope that
LED street lights will save a lot of prescious power, and they do
reduce the amount of light that is, how do you say that in
english, streamed upwards.  Of course children must be broken, and
need to learn to find their way through the darkness, to school.

--steffen