The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Request for the story: Unix on the Cray 1 at Bell Labs
@ 2018-11-14  6:58 arnold
From: arnold @ 2018-11-14  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hi All.

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2NI6t2r_Hs&feature=youtu.be Rob Pike
mentions that DMR and Norman Wilson ported Unix to the Cray 1 and that
it was not straightforward.

This sounds interesting.  Norman: would you be kind enough to elaborate
on this?

Thanks,

Arnold

* Re: [TUHS] Request for the story: Unix on the Cray 1 at Bell Labs
@ 2018-11-14 11:07 ` Ralph Corderoy
From: Ralph Corderoy @ 2018-11-14 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hi Arnold,

Are you aware of https://www.bell-labs.com/usr/dmr/www/cray.html ?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

* Re: [TUHS] Request for the story: Unix on the Cray 1 at Bell Labs
@ 2018-11-14 11:47   ` arnold
From: arnold @ 2018-11-14 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs, ralph

Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Arnold,
>
> > In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2NI6t2r_Hs&feature=youtu.be Rob
> > Pike mentions that DMR and Norman Wilson ported Unix to the Cray 1 and
> > that it was not straightforward.
>
> Are you aware of https://www.bell-labs.com/usr/dmr/www/cray.html ?

I am now. :-)

I guess I'll have to pull down the papers. Nonetheless, if Norman
has any first-hand antecdotes, I'm sure they'd be of interest.

Thanks,

Arnold