The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] SYSIII
@ 2010-01-13  3:04 Jason Stevens
From: Jason Stevens @ 2010-01-13  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to mention that I had a friend help me out, and he got SYSIII
running on SIMH.......!

I don't know if there would be any interest in this... I don't have a good
layout of 'steps' as it was so... chained from 32v, and from within itself
as it can't boot from the tape..

But I can supply a working disk image to anyone that wants it... or should I
send it to Warren 1st, and he can send it to all the ancient/sysv licenses?

sorry if i'm not all that coherent.

* [TUHS] SYSIII
@ 2010-04-07 11:53 ` Jose R. Valverde
From: Jose R. Valverde @ 2010-04-07 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Got you on that. I succeeded on running SysIII for PDP 11 on SIMH on 2008.

I think I left a note here, but just in case, I kept all the instruction on
how to do it. BTW, there is another, similar road described in betaarchive.co.uk
forums for SysIII on Vax on SIMH.

I can post the details if there is any interest. I used to host the virtual
machine on my FTP server until one of its subsidiary NFS servers went toast
on a heat pick in our computer room (sic). I'll restore the server contents
ASAP to make it all available again.

--
			EMBnet/CNB
		Scientific Computing Service