The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] From BWK on contributor names
@ 2015-09-25  7:42 Aharon Robbins
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2015-09-25  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All.

Here is BWK's contribution.

@ 2015-09-25 14:09 ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2015-09-25 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 3:42 AM, Aharon Robbins <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:

> | frodo

​Be careful - he used both frodo and tjk.   IIRC someone in the CS Dept was
using frodo when Ted first got to CMU.  He had the frodo login on the EE
machines, but used tjk for alot.   ​

I left before he did, so it's possible that when the Andrew project started
(and CMU started to try to unify accounts a little), Ted may have gotten
frodo across CMU.   But I was at UCB by then.  Anyway, if you look at
kernel code or utilities, you'll see a lot of marking in said code as tjk -
that is Ted and I was under impression Diomidis needs to list to attribute
who did what.

Clem
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] From BWK on contributor names
@ 2015-09-25 14:38 ` Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2015-09-25 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> | Can't remember whether it was grc or greg

For a long time he has been going by xtp@ and I'm positive he'd be happy
to be remembered that way.

* [TUHS] From BWK on contributor names
@ 2015-09-25 14:52 ` John Cowan
From: John Cowan @ 2015-09-25 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aharon Robbins scripsit:

> | Can't remember whether it was grc or greg

He was greg at atheros.com, so probably greg.  Unfortunately, he died last
January.  Google held a Greg Chesson Musical Memorial Celebration:
video at <http://vimow.com/us/watch/x327h06_Greg+Chesson+Memorial+Musical+Celebration+ at Google+Coffee+Lab>

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodley do,
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must;
Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do,
Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust.  --Bokonon

* [TUHS] From BWK on contributor names
@ 2015-09-25 14:56   ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2015-09-25 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

+1

@ 2015-09-25 15:02   ` Mary Ann Horton
From: Mary Ann Horton @ 2015-09-25 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recall him at a Usenix conference giving his email address as
research!greg at Berkeley, which made perfect sense to most people but was
actually ambiguous.