The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Portable Pascal and a 1BSD question
@ 2015-11-29 22:20 Will Senn
From: Will Senn @ 2015-11-29 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

In v2 no5 AUUGN Jun-Jul 1980, Andy Tanenbaum announced the availability of a Portable Pascal Compiler for the then proposed ISO standard. A tape was made for v6, v7, and non-unix platforms. Does anyone know if there is a tape image around that has the distro?

On a related note, has anyone successfully installed 1BSD on a v6 install running in SImH? 1BSD has the Berkeley Pascal Instructional system on it.

Regards,

Will

Sent from my iPhone

* [TUHS] Portable Pascal and a 1BSD question
@ 2015-11-30 15:25 ` Jeremy C. Reed
From: Jeremy C. Reed @ 2015-11-30 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015, Will Senn wrote:

> In v2 no5 AUUGN Jun-Jul 1980, Andy Tanenbaum announced the
> availability of a Portable Pascal Compiler for the then proposed ISO
> standard. A tape was made for v6, v7, and non-unix platforms. Does
> anyone know if there is a tape image around that has the distro?

Look for ug091377

http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/mirrors/minnie.tuhs.org/Applications/Usenix_77/

I don't know if is the same Pascal, but it is a few years older and is
also from Tanenbaum and Vrije Universiteit.

* [TUHS] Portable Pascal and a 1BSD question
@ 2015-11-30 19:31   ` Will Senn
From: Will Senn @ 2015-11-30 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Jeremy. I'll take a look and when I have progress to report,
I'll let you know how it turns out.

- Will