The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Early X (or W?) sighting from 1984
@ 2023-02-25  7:24 Lars Brinkhoff
From: Lars Brinkhoff @ 2023-02-25  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

I found this 1984 video about MIT's Project Athena.  A few VAXstation
100 are visible running some demos in a windowing system.  Nothing
exciting unfortunately, just a few seconds and no details visible.

Since X was started in 1984, it could be a very early version we see
here.  I asked Jim Gettys, and he suggested it could also be W since it
was apparently used before X in Project Athena.

https://youtu.be/tG7i7HCD9g0?t=28

I checked the xdemo director in X10R3 (earliest available so far) for a
match against the circle demo, but all samples are written in CLU...

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-02-25  7:24 UTC | newest]