The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] 30,000 TUHS mailing list postings
@ 2024-02-21 17:32 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2024-02-21 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

  All, while I'm reminiscing about Minnie's history, I just noticed that we
  have hit 30,000 postings on the combined TUHS/PUPS mailing list.

===

In the spirit of early Unix, does that mean the message number
has wrapped back to low numbers, skipping those occupied by
messages still running, like process IDs?

Norman Wilson
(temporarily thousands of km from)
Toronto ON

* [TUHS] 30,000 TUHS mailing list postings
@ 2024-02-21  4:04 Warren Toomey via TUHS
From: Warren Toomey via TUHS @ 2024-02-21  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

All, while I'm reminiscing about Minnie's history, I just noticed that we
have hit 30,000 postings on the combined TUHS/PUPS mailing list. Here is
some details about the list's history:

Cheers, Warren

## 31st Oct 1995: Start of the PUPS mailing list

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/1995-October/000001.html

This catered for the PDP-11 Unix Preservation Society.

## 3rd Sep 1997: Majordomo List Software

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/1997-September/000132.html

Before this I was using /etc/aliases and sendmail for the list.

## 13th June 2000: TUHS List Created

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2000-June/001491.html

At this point both PUPS and TUHS lists were running at the same time.
There was some discussion as to the need for separate lists before this,
see https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2000-June/001413.html

## 1st Oct 2001: Changeover to Mailman 2

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2001-October/001912.html

## Oct 2013: Last PUPS Posting

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2013-October/thread.html

## Feb 2017: PUPS has been Merged with TUHS

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2017-February/009730.html

mentions the merge but not the date.

## 18 May 2022: Mailman 3 Upgrade

https://www.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2022-May/025852.html