The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Berkeley Unix / BSD history presentation at NYCBSDCon
@ 2010-11-04  1:50 Jeremy C. Reed
From: Jeremy C. Reed @ 2010-11-04  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I will be giving a lecture at NYCBSDCon on November 13 about my research
covering the history of Berkeley Unix and will highlight some of the
important events and key participants in BSD history.

http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2010/

I have done over 50 interviews with early participants, including during
the first Berkeley UNIX Software Tape, the Second Berkeley Software
Distribution, and vmunix period. (I still have many to do.)

* [TUHS] Berkeley Unix / BSD history presentation at NYCBSDCon
@ 2010-11-04  2:47 ` Gregg Levine
From: Gregg Levine @ 2010-11-04  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net> wrote:
> I will be giving a lecture at NYCBSDCon on November 13 about my research
> covering the history of Berkeley Unix and will highlight some of the
> important events and key participants in BSD history.
>
> http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2010/
>
> I have done over 50 interviews with early participants, including during
> the first Berkeley UNIX Software Tape, the Second Berkeley Software
> Distribution, and vmunix period. (I still have many to do.)

Hello!
Sounds like fun, Jeremy. I imagine a fellow I know who hangs around
NYLUG (My Linux users group), will be posting a confirmation burble.
Naturally I'll forward a copy of it to the TUHS list.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

* [TUHS] Berkeley Unix / BSD history presentation at NYCBSDCon
@ 2010-11-04  3:17 ` Nick Downing
From: Nick Downing @ 2010-11-04  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

That sounds great.  For those of us who can't attend, would it be possible
to post your slides or any other summary materials that you use?
cheers, Nick