The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] TUHS: munged From header for DKIM
@ 2017-09-26  6:40 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2017-09-26  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, I've set up a mirror TUHS list which munges the From: line to keep
mail systems like Gmail happy. I've migrated some of you over to this
new list: those whose subscriptions were disabled due to excessive bounces.
I'm hoping that this will a) fix most of the bounce problems and b) keep
those who don't want address munging happy.

If I've moved you and you want to be put back on the non-munged list,
let me know.

Fingers crossed that this is a good solution,
	Warren

* [TUHS] TUHS: munged From header for DKIM
@ 2017-09-26 18:06 ` Grant Taylor
From: Grant Taylor @ 2017-09-26 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/26/2017 12:40 AM, Warren Toomey wrote:
> All, I've set up a mirror TUHS list which munges the From: line to keep
> mail systems like Gmail happy. I've migrated some of you over to this
> new list: those whose subscriptions were disabled due to excessive bounces.
> I'm hoping that this will a) fix most of the bounce problems and b) keep
> those who don't want address munging happy.

Thank you for your efforts Warren.  I owe you a drink if I ever see you
in person.

1)  Please expand the list to participants that run DKIM / DMARC
filters, Gmail being quite common.  I personally run such a filter and
would appreciate being moved so that I don't accidentally reject message
from others.

2)  I think you can configure Mailman to only munge From addresses if
the sender's domain has DKIM / DMARC.  -  I don't know if that changes
things or not.

> If I've moved you and you want to be put back on the non-munged list,
> let me know.
>
> Fingers crossed that this is a good solution,

:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

* [TUHS] TUHS: munged From header for DKIM
@ 2017-09-26 20:05 ` Gregg Levine
From: Gregg Levine @ 2017-09-26 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!
Good decision. Let's see what happens.