The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Usenix tapes
@ 2020-04-22  0:50 Warner Losh
From: Warner Losh @ 2020-04-22  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

So in the archives we have tapes from 1977, 1980-83 and 1987-89.

So I thought I'd ask if there's other tapes that aren't in the archive...
google can't even find the tapes we have in our archive, let alone others...

Warner

* Re: [TUHS] Usenix tapes
@ 2020-04-22  1:37 ` Jeremy C. Reed
From: Jeremy C. Reed @ 2020-04-22  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warner Losh; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020, Warner Losh wrote:

> So in the archives we have tapes from 1977, 1980-83 and 1987-89.
> So I thought I'd ask if there's other tapes that aren't in the archive...?
> google can't even find the tapes we have in our archive, let alone others...

Hi Warner,

I will list my tar files since may have different years than you list
above.   I think all this is at the TUHs archives.

2710098  ug091377.tar.gz  Sep 1977:
Aviation Research Laboratory, Harvard/Unix,  circle (Chicago?),
Explor (Bell?), Queen Mary College, Nymegen Univ (nijmegen), UCSD,
Brooklyn College of CUNY, cooper,  ...

Did developers at Bell submit directly to share on these tapes? Or was
it via third-party? (Lots of Bell code on there.)

1273420  uk1.tar.gz  Jan 1978:
Queen Mary College, University of Kent at Canterbury, and University of
Glasgow

2739630  tor79.tar.gz 1979
University of New South Wales; U.S. Air FOrce Data Services Centre;
Berkeley/VAX; Case Western Reserve; Department of Defence, Ft George. D.
Mumaugh; Duke University; Graphic Management Systems; Johns Hopkins
Univ.; Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.; University of Minnesota;
Engineering Computer Network, Univ of Oklahoma; Plastic Optics Inc.;
Rochester Institue of Technology; Vrije University. Pascal.

1823101  purdue.tar.gz  1979
School of Electrical Engineering, Purdue University

10443465 del.tar.gz  1980 plus Boulder 1980 and Toronto June 1979 (but
many differences)

8945578  usenix_80_delaware.tar.gz

1848640  usenix_81.tar.gz

829661   usenix83.tar.gz