The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] citation for a Bill Joy interview?
@ 2015-11-14 17:50 Jeremy C. Reed
From: Jeremy C. Reed @ 2015-11-14 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I see http://archive.org/details/BillJoyInterview but the source is
unknown. Does anyone know who conducted this interview or where it came
from? (I tried to contact the archive years ago but didn't hear back.)

Most of the stories I have alternative sources for but I'd like to cite
some of this content in a book I am authoring.

Also it doesn't seem to have a starting place. It appears the beginning
of the interview is missing. (Also it has eight sections marked with
"[Skipped portion you requested.]" and 27 page breaks.)

It appears it may have been OCR'd (Exacfiy = Exactly, correcfiy =
correctly, f'mally = finally, f'md = find, f'n'st = first, llliac =
ILLIAC, Riogin = Rlogin, HTrP: = HTTP: and many other OCR-like typos),
plus misspelled names where the originally typed wrong (so I assume the
transcriber wasn't directly related to this story, like deck = DEC,
Favory = Fabry, Gerwitz = Gurwitz, "E-bid(?) ASCH" = maybe EBCDIC to
ASCII).

If anyone knows the source for this interview or a proper bibtex entry
for it, I'd appreciate it.

* [TUHS] citation for a Bill Joy interview?
@ 2015-11-14 19:34 ` Ronald Natalie
From: Ronald Natalie @ 2015-11-14 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)