The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Multics has been open sourced!
@ 2007-11-14  2:45 Lord Doomicus
From: Lord Doomicus @ 2007-11-14  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

More info here:

http://web.mit.edu/multics-history/

- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
lorddoomicus at mac.com
http://www.doomd.net

"I want to be on the list ... I try but they never put me on"  --
Steve Wozniak on "being on the list"

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] Multics has been open sourced!
@ 2007-11-14  4:23 ` John Cowan
From: John Cowan @ 2007-11-14  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lord Doomicus scripsit:

> More info here:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/multics-history/

I just submitted the license to license-discuss at opensource.org,
in order to start the process rolling to make code officially
OSI Certified open source.

--
There are three kinds of people in the world:   John Cowan
those who can count,                            cowan at ccil.org
and those who can't.

* [TUHS] Multics has been open sourced!
@ 2007-11-14  4:29   ` M. Warner Losh
From: M. Warner Losh @ 2007-11-14  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message: <20071114042340.GG13650 at mercury.ccil.org>
            John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> writes:
: Lord Doomicus scripsit:
:
: > More info here:
: >
: > http://web.mit.edu/multics-history/
: >
:
: I just submitted the license to license-discuss at opensource.org,
: in order to start the process rolling to make code officially
: OSI Certified open source.

It is a variant on BSD, it should be easy.

Is there an easy way to download all of the sources?  Some of them
apparently need to have the copyright stripped off of them to be
useful (or modified to use the proper comment characters).

Warner

* [TUHS] Multics has been open sourced!
@ 2007-11-18 18:43     ` cornelius
From: cornelius @ 2007-11-18 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

What about using httrack (-> www.httrack.com) to create a local copy of
the site, then "cp -r" the source directory tree from it's cloned location
inside the copy to a different area for inspection?

Cornelius

Cornelius Keck --> cornelius at keck.cx / usenet54 at keck.us / ckeck at texoma.net