The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] Hardware Upgrade to Minnie
@ 2005-06-04  8:26 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2005-06-04  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, sometime around noon localtime on Tuesday 7th June, I will be upgrading
the hardware which is minnie.tuhs.org from a 500MHz P3 to a 2.4GHz P4. This
will include an operating system upgrade (FreeBSD 4.8 to FreebSD 5.3) and
upgrades to the major subsystems (web, e-mail, mailing lists, twiki etc.).
Although I have had the new system running standalone for a few weeks, I
expect that there will be some breakages once it takes over from the old
system. Therefore, please be patient while I resolve any issues. If you do
notice some problems with the new system, then e-mail me at wkt at tuhs.org.

Thanks,
	Warren

* [pups] Hardware Upgrade to Minnie
@ 2005-06-04  9:06 ` Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2005-06-04  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Warren Toomey wrote:

> All, sometime around noon localtime on Tuesday 7th June, I will be upgrading
> the hardware which is minnie.tuhs.org from a 500MHz P3 to a 2.4GHz P4.

And if you were true to the faith, it would've been something like an
upgrade from a /40 to a /70 :-)

-- Dave

* [pups] Hardware Upgrade to Minnie
@ 2005-06-09 23:56 Robertdkeys
From: Robertdkeys @ 2005-06-09 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Although a /70 might be fun, or even a /93, but....

nay, an update to a VAX would be fun.....(:+}}.....

Call her MinnieVAX at tuhs.org.....(:+}}.....

gasp!  (Sorry Warren)

Bob Keys