The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Are the O'Reilly X books worth hanging onto?
@ 2015-05-11  8:19 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2015-05-11  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All.

I have a full set of the O'Reilly X reference manuals - Volumes 1-5, 6a
and 6b. Also "The X Window System In A Nutshell". These are all from
like the mid-1990s.

Are they worth hanging onto?

If not, does anyone on this list want them?  If so, I'll send them for
the cost of postage from Israel.

Thanks,

Arnold

* [TUHS] Are the O'Reilly X books worth hanging onto?
@ 2015-05-11 16:35 ` Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2015-05-11 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 11 May 2015, Aharon Robbins wrote:

> I have a full set of the O'Reilly X reference manuals - Volumes 1-5, 6a
> and 6b. Also "The X Window System In A Nutshell". These are all from
> like the mid-1990s.
>
> Are they worth hanging onto?

In general I've found the O'Reilly books to be superb, but the "X" ones
will be a little dated by now (I once had that set).

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)