The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] OT: USENET article involving DEC machines and atomic tests
@ 2016-11-18  0:54 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2016-11-18  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hoping someone can help me here, as I've grepped the 'net to no avail.

Back when USENET was supreme and dinosaurs strode the earth, there was a
hilarious article involving a DEC box (long forgotten it) that was used to
instrument underground atomic tests.  In one scene, the box was atop a
truck which was right over the hole; they both went skywards, but the data
was recovered by taking out the core memory boards and plugging them into
another box.

Does anyone remember it?  It does sound rather suss...

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-11-18  0:54 UTC | newest]