The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] RIP John von Neumann
@ 2018-02-07 20:17 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2018-02-07 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

We lost computer pioneer John von Neumann on this day in 1957; the "von
Neumann" architecture (stored program etc) is the basis of all modern
computers, and he almost certainly borrowed it from Charles Babbage.

* [TUHS] RIP John von Neumann
@ 2016-02-08  3:51 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2016-02-08  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

John von Neumann halted in 1957; without him, we probably would not have
had computers as we know them (CPU-buss-memory etc).

--
Dave Horsfall
Unit 13, 79 Glennie St

0490 095 371