The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] 7th ed local man pages
@ 2023-09-26 22:05 Douglas McIlroy
From: Douglas McIlroy @ 2023-09-26 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list

The union table of man pages in "A Research Unix Reader', CSTR 139,
marks with "L" local man pages that were not distributed outside of
research. Does anyone have a copy of those pages? I'm particularly
interested in galloc(3), but would love to get them all, which I
unwittingly trashed when I retired.

Doug

* [TUHS] Re: 7th ed local man pages
@ 2023-09-26 23:35 ` Heinz Lycklama
From: Heinz Lycklama @ 2023-09-26 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

This it for galloc(3)?
     https://man.cat-v.org/unix_8th/3/galloc

Heinz

@ 2023-09-27 14:30 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2023-09-27 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs; +Cc: jnc

    > From: Douglas McIlroy

    > The union table of man pages in "A Research Unix Reader', CSTR 139,
    > marks with "L" local man pages that were not distributed outside of
    > research. Does anyone have a copy of those pages? ... would love to get
    > them all

The CB-UNIX manual has a bunch of xL "Local" pages, e.g. the Section 3 ones here:

  https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/USDL/CB_Unix/man/man3/

I know this is CB-UNIX, but perhaps they are the same?

	Noel