The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] BSTJ DMERT "Programs From Other Processors" Comment
@ 2023-12-14  1:37 segaloco via TUHS
From: segaloco via TUHS @ 2023-12-14  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

In a BSTJ article[1] it is said "The availability of a simulated UNIX operating system in DMERT allows UNIX programs from other processors to execute on the 3B20D Processor."  Does this just mean C programs which are rebuilt or is there some implication DMERT's particular UNIX environment featured some sort of emulation facilities?  I may be reading too much into it...

- Matt G.

[1] - https://archive.org/details/bstj62-1-303/page/n11/mode/2up

P.S. I learned I may walk past DMERT and a 3B20D most days, there's a long-operational telephone CO on my usual walk that through referencing public records I've discovered has a WECo 5ESS up in it somewhere.  That's all the listing said, dunno if WECo is given as meaning an early model or just a generic name.  Either way...so close yet so far, makes me ever so curious what dusty old bookshelves in that building might hold.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-12-14  1:38 UTC | newest]