Void Linux discussion
* Considering switching to Void
@ 2015-04-29 15:32 norvegh
From: norvegh @ 2015-04-29 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hello everyone,

I just recently learned about Void Linux, and tried it in a virtual box. I
like it's minimalism, that it is systemd free, and it has probably the best
package manager I have seen so far. I would love to switch but there are
some programs that I really need for my work which are missing. I managed
to compile some of them without any trouble (like kate), but got no luck
with others (kcalc). My biggest problem right now is that fish links are
not working in krusader. I suspect it has something to do with replacing
openssl with libressl, but I am not sure. I checked the template for
kdebase and it is compiled with libressl, so in theory it should work.
Anybody has any idea?

Thanks.

* Re: Considering switching to Void
@ 2015-04-30  9:11 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-04-30  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Krusader needs the KIO for the fish-protocol, available in the kde-runtime
package:

xbps-install -S kde-runtime

* Re: Considering switching to Void
@ 2015-04-30  9:42   ` norvegh