Void Linux discussion
* pianobar fails to build without a build function
@ 2015-02-02  9:45 Justin moore
From: Justin moore @ 2015-02-02  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I type 'make' and pianobar builds fine, however using a template and using
the build style gnu-makefile, the build fails. I looked at
/common/build_style/gnu-makefile.sh and everything looks fine. With the
arguments the style has, pianobar should be building fine (unless I am
missing something). If anyone would be willing to help me out and read over
my template file, that would be awesome

http://pastebin.com/4E3kkfi1

Thanks

* Re: pianobar fails to build without a build function
@ 2015-02-02 12:47 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-02-02 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Several points I noticed:

   1. The wrksrc-line is unneccessary, that is the default
   2. The makedepends-line is not terminated correctly and it is missing
   the "ffmpeg-devel" package
   3. Build in the do_build() function, not in pre_build()
   4. Usually, calling make yourself like this is unneccessary. It is done
   automatically by setting the build_style to gnu-make. However, it won't
   compile like this without a little help:

do_build() {
        CFLAGS="-O2 -std=c99" make
}

* Re: pianobar fails to build without a build function
@ 2015-02-02 23:50   ` Justin moore
From: Justin moore @ 2015-02-02 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I must have copied the wrong template. The correct one has ffmpeg-devel and
terminates makedepends properly. I've added a do_build function with the
cflags your specified, and removed the wrksrc directory. Everything is fine
now, thanks.

new template <http://pastebin.com/uvAi8uwT>

@ 2015-02-03 10:20     ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-02-03 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I've pushed your package with the required changes to build it properly.

See the commit to see what you were missing :-)

* Re: pianobar fails to build without a build function
@ 2015-02-04  7:45       ` Justin moore
From: Justin moore @ 2015-02-04  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux