Void Linux discussion
* Nvidia / alsa / pulseaudio
@ 2015-06-12 21:35 JD Robinson
From: JD Robinson @ 2015-06-12 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I'm having an intermittent issue with my sound and am simply stumped about it. I can get everything working fine: i get surround sound out through hdmi/dp on my nvidia card to my reciever setup but occasionally the sound just dies for no apparent reason.

I listened to music for about 3 hours the other day and just mid song it cut out with pulse saying the output was unplugged.

Nothing crashed as far as I could tell. But it refused to get back in order even after plugging and unplugging. ...I've narrowed it down to an nvidia driver issue since after these little episodes I can't get the Nvidia-settings app to open.

I'll keep looking around for more information.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-06-12 21:35 UTC | newest]