Void Linux discussion
* Void on tablets.
@ 2015-06-22  7:35 JD Robinson
From: JD Robinson @ 2015-06-22  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

So I've been reading a bit about intel atom based tablets since i have a newer one. The problem I'm  having is that it requires a 32 bit uefi bootloader. It is possible to get a 32 bit efi generated for a 64 bit system and make the kernel compatible with this if recompiling the kernel and grub with a few flags.

I've tried quite a few other distros in 32 and 64 bit variations but haven't found a mixed mode for tablets 32 bit firmwares running 64bit processors.

Additionally, the bios is crippled in such a way as to prevent legacy booting from being an option.

If anyone has experimented with this, I'd like to hear about it.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-06-22  7:35 UTC | newest]