Void Linux discussion
From: Pierre Bourgin <pbou...@gmail.com>
To: voidlinux@googlegroups.com
Subject: Live image not usable from network boot : dracut lack of support of NFS/tftp ?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 00:14:32 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hello,

I would like a networked boot (PXE) of the VoidLinux live image.
So I try to reuse content of ISO file (unsquash Live FS, etc)

I've tried the following PXE/tftpboot configuration, but none of them are
working:

LABEL VL32bit.nfs
MENU LABEL VoidLinux Live Mate i686 (2015-04) -  NFS
KERNEL kernels/voidlinux/i686/cdrom/boot/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=kernels/voidlinux/i686/cdrom/boot/initrd root=live:nfs:192.168
.50.1:/share/tftpboot/kernels/voidlinux/i686/rootfs.liveOS/root [other
parameters]

LABEL VL32bit.tftp
MENU LABEL VoidLinux Live Mate i686 (2015-04) -  tftp
KERNEL kernels/voidlinux/i686/cdrom/boot/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=kernels/voidlinux/i686/cdrom/boot/initrd root=live:tftp://192.168.50.1/kernels/voidlinux/i686/rootfs.liveOS/LiveOS/ext3fs.img
[other parameters]

initrd) fails to work with the "root" parameter in both cases.
I suspect that dracut has been built without tftp or NFS support in the
voidlinux image ?

Someone succeeded to have a VoidLinux Live image from network or did I
missed something ?

Do you plan to add support of tftp/NFS in initrd/dracut in order to have it
?
This is really convinient to test a distribution without having to burn a
CD and so on ...

Thanks - Pierre