Void Linux discussion
 help / Atom feed
* Donations+mk
@ 2019-07-13 15:12 Diego Rodrigues
  2019-07-13 18:56 ` Donations+mk Kai Stian Olstad
  2019-07-13 19:27 ` Donations+mk Juan Romero Pardines
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Diego Rodrigues @ 2019-07-13 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 646 bytes --]

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to make donations to the Void Linux project? I love Void,
keep up the good work.


Best Regards,

Ten Of Eleven

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "voidlinux" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to voidlinux@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/CA%2B%3DJm8KbdGecrCWLcPj0pshi%3DZ-GqsmuYM-Z3dBA%3D4H4zsk4UA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1224 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Donations+mk
  2019-07-13 15:12 Donations+mk Diego Rodrigues
@ 2019-07-13 18:56 ` Kai Stian Olstad
  2019-07-14 12:08   ` Donations+mk Diego Rodrigues
  2019-07-13 19:27 ` Donations+mk Juan Romero Pardines
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Kai Stian Olstad @ 2019-07-13 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

On 13.07.2019 17:12, Diego Rodrigues wrote:
> Is it possible to make donations to the Void Linux project? I love Void,
> keep up the good work.

If you are talking about money then no, there where some information about contacting a non-profit organization over a year ago but nothing manifested.

The best donation you can do at the moment is donating time and the wiki is a natural starting point.
https://wiki.voidlinux.org/Help:Contents

Pages/topics mention that need documentation
https://wiki.voidlinux.org/index.php?title=Special:WantedPages&limit=500&offset=0

If you have some technical knowledge the packages issue tracker is a good starting point
https://github.com/void-linux/void-packages/issues


-- 
Kai Stian Olstad

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "voidlinux" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to voidlinux@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/4d018a46-fcd4-a28b-ef4e-f3b85e25097e%40olstad.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Donations+mk
  2019-07-13 15:12 Donations+mk Diego Rodrigues
  2019-07-13 18:56 ` Donations+mk Kai Stian Olstad
@ 2019-07-13 19:27 ` Juan Romero Pardines
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Juan Romero Pardines @ 2019-07-13 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Rodrigues; +Cc: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1679 bytes --]

Author here. Donations were suppressed a while ago because there is no
legal organization. But I might try to do this maybe this year.

Meanwhile you can contribute via wiki, packages, documentation, etc.

Thanks

El sáb., 13 jul. 2019 17:12, Diego Rodrigues <t3n0f3l3v3n@gmail.com>
escribió:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is it possible to make donations to the Void Linux project? I love Void,
> keep up the good work.
>
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ten Of Eleven
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "voidlinux" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to voidlinux@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/CA%2B%3DJm8KbdGecrCWLcPj0pshi%3DZ-GqsmuYM-Z3dBA%3D4H4zsk4UA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/CA%2B%3DJm8KbdGecrCWLcPj0pshi%3DZ-GqsmuYM-Z3dBA%3D4H4zsk4UA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "voidlinux" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to voidlinux@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/CABLHwte5K_Ln_hXJbrGOteN58927vf8uXVpwKOnJcb_QZ3BbbQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 3140 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: Donations+mk
  2019-07-13 18:56 ` Donations+mk Kai Stian Olstad
@ 2019-07-14 12:08   ` Diego Rodrigues
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Diego Rodrigues @ 2019-07-14 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Stian Olstad; +Cc: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2677 bytes --]

Thanks for getting back to me Kai, much appreciated.

Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have the time to contribute. But that
will change in a few months. Thanks for the links I will most
definitely check them out and try to show Void Linux done love.

I informed about Dyne.org a while back. They handle donations for Devuan as
well as the financial back office support like statements, reports and
being compliant with regulations etc. Too bad to hear that nothing concrete
was manifested.

Another question; if no money (or hardware) is being donated how does Void
manage infrastructure? Who keeps the servers humming and picks up the tab
when needed? Just wondering ;) I love Void and just wish to see it rise.

Thanks again for getting back to me and keep up the great work all. May the
Void be with you :)


On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 20:56 Kai Stian Olstad <void+list@olstad.com> wrote:

> On 13.07.2019 17:12, Diego Rodrigues wrote:
> > Is it possible to make donations to the Void Linux project? I love Void,
> > keep up the good work.
>
> If you are talking about money then no, there where some information about
> contacting a non-profit organization over a year ago but nothing manifested.
>
> The best donation you can do at the moment is donating time and the wiki
> is a natural starting point.
> https://wiki.voidlinux.org/Help:Contents
>
> Pages/topics mention that need documentation
>
> https://wiki.voidlinux.org/index.php?title=Special:WantedPages&limit=500&offset=0
>
> If you have some technical knowledge the packages issue tracker is a good
> starting point
> https://github.com/void-linux/void-packages/issues
>
>
> --
> Kai Stian Olstad
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "voidlinux" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to voidlinux@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/4d018a46-fcd4-a28b-ef4e-f3b85e25097e%40olstad.com
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "voidlinux" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to voidlinux+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to voidlinux@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/CA%2B%3DJm8KYaO9Q4L6Fua2WhmTzGRe32z11jTvQRmvco%3DtKD2bzVw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 4534 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-07-13 15:12 Donations+mk Diego Rodrigues
2019-07-13 18:56 ` Donations+mk Kai Stian Olstad
2019-07-14 12:08   ` Donations+mk Diego Rodrigues
2019-07-13 19:27 ` Donations+mk Juan Romero Pardines

Void Linux discussion

Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/voidlinux

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.voidlinux


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox