Void Linux discussion
* Font too small
@ 2015-02-26 18:22 Stefan Beyer
From: Stefan Beyer @ 2015-02-26 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I bought a 13.3 notebook with a display resolution of 1920x1080 px,
resulting in very small fonts. I managed do increase the size of the GRUB
font, but failed to do so for the console font.
I understand the adjustement is done by setting FONT in /etc/rc.conf, but
even applying the biggest fonts in /usr/share/kbd/ results in too small
fonts on the screen (console). Any hints how to proceed?
I also tried to use setfont -h20 ..., with no success.

* Re: Font too small
@ 2015-02-26 19:25 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-02-26 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

That is not a problem with your fonts but rather with your resolution. If
the fonts are too small you should switch to a lower resolution. You can do
that via Video Mode Switching at boot-time by adding the kernel parameter
"vga=xxx" to your bootmanager configuration, where "xxx" is the VESA number
of your desired video mode. Check this Wikipedia article for possible
numbers/resolutions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions#Linux_video_mode_numbers

* Re: Font too small
@ 2015-02-26 20:08   ` Stefan Beyer
From: Stefan Beyer @ 2015-02-26 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Nop, doesn't help. I tried different vga=xxx codes supported by the
graphics card, makes no difference at all.

@ 2015-02-26 20:54     ` Stefan Beyer
From: Stefan Beyer @ 2015-02-26 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

By setting FONT="iso02-12x22" in /etc/rc.conf the situation now is
acceptable; I didn't see this font before.

@ 2015-02-26 21:02 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-02-26 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux