Void Linux discussion
* Nice job! Like vl alot, but which package has lzma
@ 2015-10-10 20:20 Will Sergent
From: Will Sergent @ 2015-10-10 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Im trying to compile a kernel and keep coming up with missing essentials
even after installing other devel packages. Can anyone point me to the
package that contains lzma?
and btw to the creators and maintainers - a really nice idea for a distro -
really fills a niche between distros like gentoo and the more "user
friendly" alternatives. Also nice to see some creativity and intelligence
applied to some relief from the systemd mess.
Thanks :)

* Re: Nice job! Like vl alot, but which package has lzma
@ 2015-10-10 20:44 ` Christian Neukirchen
From: Christian Neukirchen @ 2015-10-10 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Sergent; +Cc: voidlinux

Will Sergent <whse...@gmail.com> writes:

> Im trying to compile a kernel and keep coming up with missing essentials
> even after installing other devel packages. Can anyone point me to the
> package that contains lzma?

xz contains a lzma tool, is that what you mean?

The metapackage base-devel should be enough to build a custom kernel.

> and btw to the creators and maintainers - a really nice idea for a distro -
> really fills a niche between distros like gentoo and the more "user
> friendly" alternatives. Also nice to see some creativity and intelligence
> applied to some relief from the systemd mess.
> Thanks :)

Thank you!
--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneuk...@gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org

* Re: Nice job! Like vl alot, but which package has lzma
@ 2015-10-10 20:51 ` Will Sergent
From: Will Sergent @ 2015-10-10 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux