Void Linux discussion
From: Vorell <dark...@gmail.com>
To: voidlinux <void...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Issues setting up void-packages on Beaglebone Black
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:15:47 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

I have been looking for a better distro to install on my beaglebone black
with a better supported build environment. I originally tried gentoo but
just pulling in updates fried the sdcard.

Void seems to be just what I'm looking for. Flashing void went without a
hitch, so I setup my user account, filesystems, and etc...
After installing some core binary utilities I decided to see how the source
based package management went.

    $ git clone git://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages.git
    $ cd void-packages
    $ ./xbps-src binary-bootstrap

I then tried:

$ sudo ./xbps-src pkg aircrack-ng

The result originally complained about the musl repos, since this isn't a musl build environment I just commented them out in repos-remote.conf

So then the result I am getting is:

$ [*] Updating `http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current/armv7l-repodata' ...
$ [*] Updating `http://repo.voidlinux.eu/current/nonfree/armv7l-repodata' ...
$ ERROR unshare (Invalid argument)

Any pointers or advice? Are there any logfiles I can check?

Thanks in advance.