Void Linux discussion
 help / Atom feed
* how dp I install flash om void
@ 2015-11-18 17:02 tuxracer
  2015-11-25 20:45 ` tuxracer
  2015-12-16 12:45 ` Userx Xbw
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: tuxracer @ 2015-11-18 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 82 bytes --]

xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?

or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 112 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: how dp I install flash om void
  2015-11-18 17:02 how dp I install flash om void tuxracer
@ 2015-11-25 20:45 ` tuxracer
  2015-11-27  9:52   ` cardinal
  2015-12-16 12:45 ` Userx Xbw
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: tuxracer @ 2015-11-25 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 279 bytes --]

I added nonfree repos in /etc/xbps/xbps.conf

flash still doesn't show up wgen I do xbps-qurey -Rs flash

what gives?

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 9:02:10 AM UTC-8, tuxracer wrote:
>
> xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?
>
> or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?
>

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 471 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: how dp I install flash om void
  2015-11-25 20:45 ` tuxracer
@ 2015-11-27  9:52   ` cardinal
  2015-11-27 17:51     ` cardinal
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: cardinal @ 2015-11-27  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1271 bytes --]

Voidlinux classifies adobe-flash-plugin as restricted and removed the 
package from their mirrors.
They still offer the template for advanced users to build the package using 
xbps-src
Download the correct package for you computers architecture.
32bits download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x4xy7dcdt2o8o3/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
64bits download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6wi44ly7s31kf4/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
The easiest method to install a xbps package that is not pulled from the 
void mirror is to use xdownload which is owned by xtools.
xbps-install  xtools 
Install commands below is with  user is in same directory as 
adobe-flash-plugin package,otherwise provide directory path to package.
32bits install:
xdownload  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
64bits install:
xdownload  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps


On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 3:45:32 PM UTC-5, tuxracer wrote:
>
> I added nonfree repos in /etc/xbps/xbps.conf
>
> flash still doesn't show up wgen I do xbps-qurey -Rs flash
>
> what gives?
>
> On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 9:02:10 AM UTC-8, tuxracer wrote:
>>
>> xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?
>>
>> or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?
>>
>
[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 1636 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: how dp I install flash om void
  2015-11-27  9:52   ` cardinal
@ 2015-11-27 17:51     ` cardinal
  2015-11-27 18:30       ` Duncaen
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: cardinal @ 2015-11-27 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2331 bytes --]

Corrected version of my previous post.
Voidlinux classifies adobe-flash-plugin as restricted and removed the 
package from their mirrors.
They still offer the template for advanced users to build the package using 
xbps-src
Download the correct package for your computers architecture.
32bits download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x4xy7dcdt2o8o3/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
64bits download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6wi44ly7s31kf4/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
The easiest method to install a XBPS package from a .xbps file is with 
xdowngrade owned by xtools.
xbps-install  xtools 
Install commands below is with  user in same directory as 
adobe-flash-plugin package,otherwise provide directory path to package.
32bits install:
xdowngrade  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
64bits install:
xdowngrade  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
- show quoted text -




On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 4:52:42 AM UTC-5, cardinal wrote:
>
> Voidlinux classifies adobe-flash-plugin as restricted and removed the 
> package from their mirrors.
> They still offer the template for advanced users to build the package 
> using xbps-src
> Download the correct package for you computers architecture.
> 32bits download:
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x4xy7dcdt2o8o3/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
> 64bits download:
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6wi44ly7s31kf4/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
> The easiest method to install a xbps package that is not pulled from the 
> void mirror is to use xdownload which is owned by xtools.
> xbps-install  xtools 
> Install commands below is with  user is in same directory as 
> adobe-flash-plugin package,otherwise provide directory path to package.
> 32bits install:
> xdownload  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
> 64bits install:
> xdownload  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
>
>
> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 3:45:32 PM UTC-5, tuxracer wrote:
>>
>> I added nonfree repos in /etc/xbps/xbps.conf
>>
>> flash still doesn't show up wgen I do xbps-qurey -Rs flash
>>
>> what gives?
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 9:02:10 AM UTC-8, tuxracer wrote:
>>>
>>> xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?
>>>
>>> or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?
>>>
>>
[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 4647 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: how dp I install flash om void
  2015-11-27 17:51     ` cardinal
@ 2015-11-27 18:30       ` Duncaen
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Duncaen @ 2015-11-27 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2867 bytes --]

Its not very smart to provide these packages here, first for legal issues 
and second someone who installs the binary version without a repository 
will never be notified about updates etc, especially for something like 
flash thats really bad.

Someone who wants to use adobe-flash-plugins should clone the repositorie, 
package it and run ./xbps-src sys-update regualarly.

Cheers
Am Freitag, 27. November 2015 18:51:58 UTC+1 schrieb cardinal:
>
> Corrected version of my previous post.
> Voidlinux classifies adobe-flash-plugin as restricted and removed the 
> package from their mirrors.
> They still offer the template for advanced users to build the package 
> using xbps-src
> Download the correct package for your computers architecture.
> 32bits download:
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x4xy7dcdt2o8o3/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
> 64bits download:
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6wi44ly7s31kf4/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
> The easiest method to install a XBPS package from a .xbps file is with 
> xdowngrade owned by xtools.
> xbps-install  xtools 
> Install commands below is with  user in same directory as 
> adobe-flash-plugin package,otherwise provide directory path to package.
> 32bits install:
> xdowngrade  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
> 64bits install:
> xdowngrade  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
> - show quoted text -
>
>
>
>
> On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 4:52:42 AM UTC-5, cardinal wrote:
>>
>> Voidlinux classifies adobe-flash-plugin as restricted and removed the 
>> package from their mirrors.
>> They still offer the template for advanced users to build the package 
>> using xbps-src
>> Download the correct package for you computers architecture.
>> 32bits download:
>>
>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/1x4xy7dcdt2o8o3/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
>> 64bits download:
>>
>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6wi44ly7s31kf4/adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
>> The easiest method to install a xbps package that is not pulled from the 
>> void mirror is to use xdownload which is owned by xtools.
>> xbps-install  xtools 
>> Install commands below is with  user is in same directory as 
>> adobe-flash-plugin package,otherwise provide directory path to package.
>> 32bits install:
>> xdownload  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.i686.xbps
>> 64bits install:
>> xdownload  adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.548_1.x86_64.xbps
>>
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 3:45:32 PM UTC-5, tuxracer wrote:
>>>
>>> I added nonfree repos in /etc/xbps/xbps.conf
>>>
>>> flash still doesn't show up wgen I do xbps-qurey -Rs flash
>>>
>>> what gives?
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 9:02:10 AM UTC-8, tuxracer wrote:
>>>>
>>>> xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?
>>>>
>>>> or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?
>>>>
>>>
[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 6186 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: how dp I install flash om void
  2015-11-18 17:02 how dp I install flash om void tuxracer
  2015-11-25 20:45 ` tuxracer
@ 2015-12-16 12:45 ` Userx Xbw
  2015-12-16 14:26   ` Duncaen
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-12-16 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 530 bytes --]

I downloaded Chrome deb unzippped it found pepper flash moved it to the 
appropriate directory in the path that Firefox looks and installed the 
wrapper from Void and now I have no problems with flash on web 

/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libfreshwrapper-pepperflash.so
/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
/opt/libreoffice5.0/program/libflashlo.so



On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 11:02:10 AM UTC-6, tuxracer wrote:
>
> xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?
>
> or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?
>

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 722 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: how dp I install flash om void
  2015-12-16 12:45 ` Userx Xbw
@ 2015-12-16 14:26   ` Duncaen
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Duncaen @ 2015-12-16 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 701 bytes --]

```
xbps-install -S void-repo-nonfree
xbps-install -S chromium-pepperflash
```

Am Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015 13:45:10 UTC+1 schrieb Userx Xbw:
>
> I downloaded Chrome deb unzippped it found pepper flash moved it to the 
> appropriate directory in the path that Firefox looks and installed the 
> wrapper from Void and now I have no problems with flash on web 
>
> /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libfreshwrapper-pepperflash.so
> /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
> /opt/libreoffice5.0/program/libflashlo.so
>
>
>
> On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 11:02:10 AM UTC-6, tuxracer wrote:
>>
>> xbps-install -Su flashplugin ?
>>
>> or do I need chrome and some how use pepperflash?
>>
>
[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 1051 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2015-11-18 17:02 how dp I install flash om void tuxracer
2015-11-25 20:45 ` tuxracer
2015-11-27  9:52   ` cardinal
2015-11-27 17:51     ` cardinal
2015-11-27 18:30       ` Duncaen
2015-12-16 12:45 ` Userx Xbw
2015-12-16 14:26   ` Duncaen

Void Linux discussion

Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/voidlinux

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.voidlinux


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox